POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Widor's toccata : Re: Widor's toccata Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Widor's toccata
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Aug 2008 04:33:16
Message: <48abd6cc$1@news.povray.org>
>> I mean, I *can* play it, but it's not very comfortable.
>
> I'm not a piano but a guitar player and some chord positions (I call them
> "kung-fu positions") neither are very comfortable when you begin practicing
> them.
> It is mostly muscle training and with practice it becomes much easier and
> painless.
> I guess it is the same on a keyboard.

I've been playing keyboards extensively since I was about 9 years old.
Playing piano is harder because the keys are much heavier. But still,
generally I'm quite good at playing keyboards. I have long, slender,
bony fingers that are quite suited to the task. (Indeed, I would say my
fingers are my most attractive physical feature - insert witty remark
here.) But even for me, a 10th is a pretty big interval. It wouldn't
even be so hard if it didn't have black notes in the middle... heh.

Clearly I'm going to have to post a recording at some point. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/